Criminal Justice | AA
This program is designed to prepare students for beginning professional work in the criminal justice and allied professions. Graduates understand the causes of crime and criminal justice system responses. Students focus on the nature of the criminal justice system and the connection between law and social justice.
Criminologists and criminal justice professionals investigate why crimes are committed, who is committing them, what type of societal factors might be contributing to higher crime rates, and the best ways to predict, deter, and prevent future crimes. An undergraduate with a criminology/criminal justice degree serves as a strong foundation for advanced training and prepares students for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in social science, social work, counseling, and law.
Associate of Arts
Sioux City Campus
Criminal justice is the study of crime prevention, investigation, and correctional procedure. Students gain an understanding of legal systems and the various infrastructures dedicated to criminal reform.
- Compliance Managers
- Security Managers
- Loss Prevention Managers
- Government Property Inspectors and Investigators
- Security Management Specialists
- Emergency Management Directors
- Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists
- First-Line Supervisors of Correctional Officers
- First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives
- Fire Investigators
- Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Police Detectives
- Police Identification and Records Officers
- Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Immigration and Customs Inspectors
- Intelligence Analysts
- Police Patrol Officers
- Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs
- Transit and Railroad Police
- Private Detectives and Investigators
- Security Guards
- Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
For a list of current required classes, visit our catalog at:
Faculty and Staff
Estimated Cost of Attending
* This is an approximate cost based on tuition and fees set by the Board of Directors before each school year. Course level fees may also apply. Additional charges for licensure or credential testing may be a part of your program.
** The cost of books varies per program.