The Department of Residence Life provides an inclusive and supportive learning environment that supports resident growth in all areas of personal and community development inside and outside of the campus.
To achieve this, we
- Provide secure, comfortable, and inclusive spaces for living and learning
- Manage a team of well-trained professional staff and student leaders
- Encourage individual growth and academic success through meaningful program and relationship and community building
Thank you for your interest in campus housing at Western Iowa Tech Community College! Living in the residence halls is a great way to feel connected to the college and get involved in college life.
Sun Ridge Court
Bur Oak Suites
Apply for Housing
- Complete Housing Application.
- Submit the $20 non-refundable application fee and $250 housing deposit.
- Pay online after applying.
- Mail to: Western Iowa Tech Community College, Attn: Cashier's office, 4647 Stone Ave., Sioux City, IA 51106.
- Call the Cashier's Office at 712.274.8733 ext. 1210
- Make housing and tuition payment arrangements with Student Financial Services. Financial aid and payment plans must be set up before a student is eligible to move into housing. Students have several payment options:
- Pay for classes and housing online, in-person, via mail, or over the phone.
- Set up an online automatic payment plan using the FACTS payment system.
- Use your financial aid to help cover room and board costs. The first step on securing financial aid is completing your FAFSA. The student is responsible for paying any remaining room and board costs not covered by financial aid.
- You will receive your housing assignment, move-in dates, and roommate information once you have submitted the housing application, housing deposit, and application fee.
- Stackable, limited number, new students only
- $750 per semester, maximum 2 semesters.
- Completed Western Iowa Tech housing application for fall term by June 1.
- Register for 12 or more credit hours for Fall term by June 1.
- Renewal for spring semester after 2.0 fall term GPA.
- Check-in/Move-in: January 10 - 12 from 8am - 5pm
- Check-out/Move-out: May 6 - 10 from 8am - 5pm and May 11 from 8am - 12pm
- Check-in/Move-in: May 26 - 28 by scheduled appointment
- Check-out/Move-out: August 1 - 3 by scheduled appointment
Items to Bring
- Bedroom Items
Twin extra-long sheets, pillows and blankets, mattress pad
- Bathroom Items
Shower curtain and hooks, towels, wash cloths, toilet paper, plunger, rugs, hand soap and toiletries
- Kitchen items
Dishes, silverware, pots, pans, can opener, dish soap, paper towels, dish rags, towels, air fryer, pizzazz, insta pot
- Electronics and Appliances
TV, gaming systems, head phones/ear buds, microwave, under 4' mini-fridge (Prairie Place and Bur Oak), power strips, lamps, fan, coffee maker
- Laundry Items
Laundry basket, hamper, detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets
- Miscellaneous Items
Trash cans, garbage bags, 3M hooks, penny nails, hammer, first aid kit, sewing kit, flashlight, batteries, hangers, iron and ironing board
- Cleaning Supplies
Broom, dustpan, mop vacuum cleaner
- Items not allowed
Deep freezers, deep fryers, grills, mini-laundry machines, dishwashers, hot plates, halogen lights, space heaters, toaster ovens, open flames, incense, Command strips
After your housing application and payment is processed, you will receive regarding room assignments, roommates, keys, and other housing information from the Residence Life Manager.