Communication | AA
The interconnectedness of the global society is rich with opportunity for those who are strong communicators. A communications major is designed to teach effective communication and its application to various fields of work and relationships. Coursework for this major could lead a student to a career in media studies, but will also equally prepare students for a career in business, sales, marketing, education, or politics and public administration. Communication is a suitable major or minor for anyone whose career will require them to interact with people from various walks of life, backgrounds, or careers.
Associate of Arts
Sioux City Campus
Specializes in communications, such as organizational communications, advertising, public relations, radio/television broadcasting, and journalism.
- Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
- Program Directors
- Radio and Television Announcers
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Broadcast News Analysts
- Reporters and Correspondents
- Public Relations Specialists
- Technical Writers
- Copy Writers
For a list of current required classes, visit our catalog at:
Estimated Cost of Attending
* This is an approximate cost based on tuition and fees set by the Board of Directors before each school year. Course level fees may also apply. Additional charges for licensure or credential testing may be a part of your program.
** The cost of books varies per program.