Audio Engineering Technician | AAS
This program presents the world of audio, sound studio operations, current music technologies, and music and sound production as they are implemented for music, film, video, television, and interactive media.
Through a combination of hands-on exercises, lectures, team projects, and real-world applications, you will be introduced to audio theory and competency with industry-standard tools. Familiarity with professional standards and the aesthetic considerations of audio and music are emphasized. Operation of a professional sound-mixing and recording studio will provide a key element in this program.
Skills you will acquire include the ability to engage in sound design, which is an integral part of productions for film, video, music, and video game design. Sound mixing and editing skills, use of various kinds of audio recording equipment, directing studio productions, a working knowledge of the sound recording industry, and incorporation of creative and technical skills are integral aspects of this program.
You will be prepared to seek entry-level employment as a sound technician and audio mixer.
Associate of Applied Science
Sioux City Campus
People with these jobs operate AV for films, photography, and sound recording. View career outlook information.
- Sound Engineering Technicians
- Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Technical Directors/Managers
- Film and Video Editors
- Photographic Process Workers and Processing Machine Operators
- Camera and Photographic Equipment Repairers
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Broadcast Technicians
- Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
For a list of current required classes, visit our catalog at:
Faculty and Staff
Estimated Cost of Attending
* This is an approximate cost based on tuition and fees set by the Board of Directors before each school year. Course level fees may also apply. Additional charges for licensure or credential testing may be a part of your program.
** The cost of books varies per program.